Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My Thirteenth recipe - Smothered Creamed Spinach Chicken -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Thirteenth recipe for the new cookbook - Smothered Creamed Spinach Chicken


This recipe is dedicated to all my foodies out there. 

http://myhoustonmajic.com/3131944/smothered-creamed-spinach-chicken-recipe

This recipe is a work in process.  My Cousin Susie Zaleski Redwine, posted this recipe on FaceBook.   I knew that I could not do this recipe justice making a puree -only version of it.  It has to be made in whole, and then pureed down.  I love that it is made in three parts and then blended - yum.  If you want to see a recipe that is just begging to be pureed - this is the one.

The point of this recipe, is many of your family favorite recipes can be pureed.  Ingredients like spinach and cream lend themselves to becoming wonderful heart warming purees.

The only item missing from this recipe is the starch.  The more I create these recipes the more I understand the important of the starch suspending the protein.  This is a major issue, because if the protein sinks to the bottom, then the last sip has a lot of little chunks that get stuck in the throat, and now you have nothing to wash it down.

I hope that the employees at MAJIC 102.1 have people swamping this web-page.  Imagine them scratching their heads as they get web-hits from France, Romania, Turkey, Australia and England. . .   (oh and Ireland too)

Cancer survivors crave the family memory dishes that are handed down.  They espeically feel the pang if they are excluded from a family tradition.  I am going to add this one to my family traditions.  Hint Hint Karen, Michele, and Aimee  . . .


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment