Monday, October 6, 2014

My Fifteenth recipe - Gnocchi - -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Fifteenth recipe for the new cookbook - Gnocchi

1 Gnocchi

or

one egg, one cup of potato flour, one cup of ricotta cheese, quarter table spoon of oil, a table spoon of water, table spoon of fresh nutmeg, half a cup of parmesan cheese.  put in bread maker, or mix, and knead until smooth.  roll into long rolls and cut.  Drop in boiling water to cook.


This recipe is dedicated those people who make the feast for their family.  The people who work for two days on the meals before the Holidays.

A week ago I was at a Live-Action Role-Playing event. when I walk into the kitchen and several people are lined up at the counter with a large bowl of dough.  They are cheerfully chatting has the cut out fistful sized pieces of dough, roll them into long snakes, and then cut them into 3 cm pieces.  WHAT IS THAT?

I had never seen Gnocchi before.  I asked what it was.  Both people proceeded to tell me stories of Gnocchi being made by elder family members, and fond memories of eating it as a child.  PERFECT!  You are already in a mind-space where you are making meals that you never thought you would ever make in your life.  Here is a brand new food to me that I couldn't even pronounce, and now I'm recommending it.

Well not so perfect.  It appears that there is no way to make a small batch of Gnocchi for the cancer survivor.  However, the meal blends up so well, I had to include it.  The key is to make sure that the pot of water is a roaring boil, to make sure that they do not stick together. Secondarily, it does not stink up the house.  Although I encourage making the smell of the food, an important part of the meal,  some people have nausea so bad that any smell of food is repulsing. This might do the trick.

It is basically a potato dumpling.

PROTEIN
After some research, it appears most people either eat it with cheese or chicken.  Which means it is a wonderfully mild meal.  I puree it with milk or rice milk to maintain the mild flavor.


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment