Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My Nineteenth recipe - Meat Pie - -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Nineteenth recipe - Meat Pie -  -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

1 Unit Pie
Thin with broth or milk

or

This recipe is dedicated to the Willow Pond Kitchen, which was one of the best roadside diners ever.  It was forced to close when the Federal Park Service took over the stretch of Route 2A in Concord.

It has been my pleasure to test all the different meat pie variations.  I was thinking about giving each one their own recipe.  But since they are have the same premise, and everyone has their own version of a comfort food, I decided I would just give them a group page.

I think meat pies like Chicken Pie Pie are making a come back, as I see super-markets carrying both family-sized and individual sizes.  Chip-In Farm, my local farm-stand, carries both with and without vegetables.  Besides nutritional reasons, I recommend Chicken Pot Pies with vegetables like peas and carrots.

At my work, there is a flock of turkeys that have started to become aggressive.  Some of my co-workers were having a conversation about how they had to run from them.  Meanwhile, I'm sitting there thinking I hope the turkeys attack me because there will be turkey pot pie for dinner tonight

Tonight, I was in the kitchen helping my wife wash and slice vegetables for oven-roasted vegetables.  I think food prep is that best time of the day.  We both spent time sharing our day and the conversation light and fun.  Remember to keep the conversation light and fun when both people have sharp knives in their hand.

CHICKEN POT PIE; SCOTTISH MINCE PIE; EASTER MEAT PIE; STEAK AND IRISH STOUT
One of the nice things about meat pies is that there are tons of variations.  All meats are represented.  Special occasions are included.  Never overly spicy . . . OK there is there is a Moussaka Cottage Pie, but on the spicy scale that one is pretty mild.  Caregivers, these are a great "Go-To" when you are at your wits-end

NO-CRUST PIE - SHEPARD'S PIE
If pie crust is an issue, make it in the style of a Shepard's Pie, by using mashed potatoes.  Just remember that potatoes suck up a lot of liquid in the blender.  Both of my blenders have a top that you can out the center, so pouring extra broth while it is working is possible.


Chip-In Farm Specials

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment