Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Seventeenth recipe - Bangers and Mash -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Seventeenth  recipe for the new cookbook - Bangers and Mash

1 Unit Bangers and Mash with veggies

or

1 sausage
1 unit mustard spiced potatoes
peas and cots as a bonus
thin with watered down gravy



This recipe is dedicated to all the cancer survivors in Europe who have been reading this blog 

OK so I'll admit I didn't grow up on Bangers and Mash, but I can completely understand that this is comfort food.  Plus it is perfect for pureeing.  Now I'm not going to mess this the food your momma used to make - so go with that recipe.  Please remember that alcoholic beer is not good for cancer survivors, but what the heck.  you didn't hear it from me . . .


SAUSAGE
Turns out in the world of "BANGERS" you can use a lot of different sausages.  I'm a fan of chicken and pork, but I often see beef sausages used.  The important part is be sensitive to the spiciness of the sausage.  I have my local Whole Foods trained on what I mean by mild. In the United States, it is very popular to "spice" foods up - BEWARE!

POTATOES
I am having a new love affair with potatoes - don't tell my wife.  She thinks white rice and white potatoes are evil.  They are awesome pureed and hold the meat in suspension so well.  I personally find mustard and potatoes a great combination.  Since I can't eat pretzels,  I wish the TD Boston Garden would serve mash potatoes during Bruins game. . . a man can wish . . .

GRAVY
Yum.  ::drops the microphone::

PEA AND COTS
When I first arrived in New England, the waitress at the local restaurant said that tonight's vegetables are "peas and cots" .  . .   "They are what?" "peas and cots - you know the little green things . . . "  "What are cots?"  "Cots, cots, the orange things rabbits eat."  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.   So I'm going traditional here and recommending you add peas and cots.  Don't go crazy slicing, buy the frozen style, because they are already softer.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment