Friday, October 31, 2014

My Twenty-third - Mac and Cheese -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Twenty-third  recipe for the new cookbook - Mac and Cheese

1 unit Mac and Cheese
1 unit cream or milk or rice milk

Options;
bacon
broccoli
tomato
bread crumbs

or

If you don't know how to make mac and cheese ask a 5 year old


ORANGE FOOD
It's Halloween, I needed an orange food that was as fun as Samhain - so not butternut squash or pumpkin (although pumpkin pie purees really well).  I was also going to figure out how to puree Butterfingers(tm) Candy bars - but it's not really a meal.

ALL-AMERICAN COMFORT FOOD
Yesterday, my company had a pot-luck Luncheon.  Of course I brought in my blender.  To my surprise they had pulled pork.  How I have had more pulled pork in the last first months than I've had in years.  Right next to it was Mac and Cheese.  YUM Mac and Cheese.  I figured if there is any left at the end of the meal, I'd take some home.  And there was.

Well only half of it made it's way home as my daughter munched on it for an after ballet snack.   Talk about comfort food!  I knew broccoli and cheese soup would work so finding the right mix of extra milk should be easy, and it was.

The crust on the baked Mac and Cheese purred a lot smoother then I thought it would.

VEGGIES
Yes, it is easy enough to add vegetables to Mac and Cheese.  I warn care-givers to mke sure that you have permission to add vegetables first.  There is nothing more depressing than expecting wonderfully warm Mac and cheese and someone has ruined it will adding "things that are good for them".




COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment