Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Twentieth recipe - Beef Wellington -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Twentieth  recipe for the new cookbook - Beef Wellington

1 1/2' slice of beef wellington

add beef broth to help thin it out
potatoes and root vegetables are an option

or

or 

Poor Chef's version

1 piece pot roast
1 small can of mushrooms
Dash of Red wine

thin with beef broth

BEEF WELLINGTON
OK so it is a little early in the year to think of Beef Wellington, but the stores already have the Christmas decoration on the floor, and I needed a really big surprise for 100 things I never thought I would eat pureed.  Yes, Beef Wellington is possible.

At first when I created the Steak and Potatoes, I thought I was at the top of my game.  Now, all the experimenting with Meat Pies, got me to realize that puff pastry is very suited to pureeing.  The issue that I have is that Beef Wellington is more of a dish that it is a meal.  I recommend Beef Wellington with heavily oil roasted potatoes like Classic Lyonnaise Potatoes; although, I don't recommend blending them together.  Turns out that Christmas dinner requires three of four different mugs at the table.

Sure, I wanted to have one spectacular dish in a mug.  But it is Christmas after all.

DUXELLE VS PATE
I'm definitely on the duxelle side of the house vs pate.  I love a good country course pate, but for my Beef Wellington (beef en croute),  I like a milder duxelle.

GORDON RAMSEY
In doing my research, I came across this wonderful way to make Beef Wellington.  I usually don't watch recipe videos all the way to the end, but this is a wonderful how to.  I told my sisters I want to make Beef Wellington for Christmas this year.  Ok, so I will cook the Beef Wellington a little longer, as I am not a fan of the beef being that rare.

VEGETABLES
Because of the earth tunes of Beef Wellington, I recommend roasted root vegetables (if you insist on doing is all in one mug).  Remember that root vegetable take extra beef broth to thin the dish out

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.


No comments:

Post a Comment