Tuesday, August 2, 2016

My Sixty-seventh - Liver Pate -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Sixty-seventh - Liver Pate - 100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

OK, OK, OK, I get it Liver Pate is not everyone's cup of tea, but just this morning I had a blog visitor from France visit me while I typed up the Meatloaf blog which got me to thinking about country-style Provence pate with a bottle of Chateau Lyonnat.  For those who love liver pate, like I do, it is definitely something I thought I would never eat again.

I used to work at the Versailles Restaurant in Lexington.  One of the lunch offerings was coarse country style chicken liver pate with a side of french bread and endive -which is where I grew my fondness for coarse pate with brown mustard.

My Grandmother-in-law, Sally, always had chopped liver for a Passover appetizer.  Which turned into vegetarian chopped liver in my household.  It happens.  I viewed it a as Jewish pate.

The point of this is Pate is just a thick puree like mousse. Which reminds me I should start testing Salmon Mousse . . .

I would treat it as the flavoring for a pureed thick "Veggie Juice".  Add a mixture of the OTHER FOODS and a little OPTION FRESH HERBS and/or ADDITIONAL FLAVORING.

Allows you to make small batches and mix up the flavoring.  If you are sipping, I recommend cup sizes of lest than 1/2 cup at a time.  Great for small portable blenders (strain if needed for the tummy tube).


10% pate
40% others foods
50% water
optional flavoring like brown mustard

OPTIONS FRESH HERBS
Rosemary
Basil
Chives
Parsley


OTHER FOODS
Endive
Fresh Spinach
Kale
French bread coutons
hard boiled eggs
peppers raw or roasted
Cherry tomatoes
Carrots
Celery
Bulb onion
Olives
Pickles particularly sour pickles like Cornichon
Cucumber
Fig


ADDITIONAL FLAVORING
Chutney
Cranberry Sauce
Blackberry Jam


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.


Favorite wine from a good year

No comments:

Post a Comment