Monday, August 29, 2016

My Seventy-third - State Fair ready to puree -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Seventy-third - State Fair ready to puree -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

It is state and county fair season across the United State of America.  Just yesterday, I was fishing with a long, long time, friend of mine Bill Carruth, and after a morning of fishing we stopped at a Friendly's Restaurant for lunch.  I had packed my portable blender, so all I needed was an electric plug outlet.  Worked great - and I brought the extras home.

The point being that a State Fair or a County Fair all you need is your portable blender and an electrical outlet.  The foods listed below are examples of "FAIR FOODS" where you can just add water.

REMEMBER TO MAKE IT "THIN" so it pour easier


CORN DOG
This heads off my list, because a friend of mine, Paul Caruso, just had his first corn dog at 54 years old.  Yes, you can add mustard or ketchup to this puree

FUNNEL CAKE
I know you want it . . .  This is basicly a greasy waffle

FRIED DOUGH
This is basicly funnel Cake with an unsophisticated name.  It is very popular at New England Fairs

HUSHPUPPIES
they are like a corn version of funnel cake donut holes

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Ease up on the whip cream as it will make the puree very foamy, use ice cream instead

FRIED POTATOES
Enough Said

DEEP FRIED PICKLE
Yea, it's a thing, puree it longer then you think you might

CHERRY PIE
Most fruit pies work well.  SKIP THE CRUST for a thinner puree.

COTTON CANDY
OK, it will make a mess, so you may need to find a real bathroom sink to clean every up . . . .

BAKLAVA
FAB-U-LOUS make sure you puree the nuts well

Make sure you chase these meal down with a runny milkshake or frappe.  In a pinch, ice cream in a cup after 30 minutes in the hot summer sun works too . . .

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.






No comments:

Post a Comment