Friday, August 26, 2016

My Seventy-second - Rack of Lamb -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Seventy-second - Rack of Lamb -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients.

Once or twice a year I was "ALLOWED" to have rack of lamb,  my wife as an issue with the smell.  However, the smell is why it has to be added to the list.  Lamb with fresh rosemary has a fabulous aroma, which is so important in a pureed dish.  Although, I miss being able to bite every bit of lamb off the ribs (like searching for meat in a crab),  being able to enjoy lamb again is great.

Grilling or slow cooking lamb on the porch is wonderful.  My sister-in-law, Dorothy came over last night, and she is a huge fan of lamb, so I splurged with Roasted lamb, roasted potatoes, cucumber and black bean salad.  AHHHHHHHH this is the life.  I'm saving the asparagus for the leftovers for today.


SERVING
meat from three ribs
1 small roasted potato
2 asparagus
extra rosemary

thin with beef stock, or water


LAMB
Since you are pureeing the lamb, use lose most of the benefits of buying expensive rib of lamb.  This is a go time to substitute leg of lamb if needed.  Make sure that you cook the lamb all the way through - for safety sake.

ROASTED POTATOES
I love rosemary with roasted potatoes.  You can use whichever starch floats your boat.  But when the snow starts to fall, I go into roasted potatoes mode.

ROSEMARY
The smell and takes of rosemary really working well.  There are not that many dishes that "REQUIRE" rosemary so I highly recommend going with fresh rosemary

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.







No comments:

Post a Comment