Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My Seventy-first - Steak au poivre -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Seventy-first - Steak au poivre -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients.

This one is dedicated to my son, ALEC HOYLAND.

Yesterday, was my wife's birthday, and our son joined us for dinner.  Now both of them knew that the fancy place, did not have anything that I could eat without making a fuss, and that is OK with me - it wasn't my birthday.  However, my son knew that I loved steak au poivre in my day.  As he was reading the menu online, he commented that I would really love the food there.   It's the first place that I have heard of in Massachusetts that served Walleye.

I used to work at the French Restaurant that served both steak au poivre and duck au poivre - flamed at table side.  Great food . . .  I used to ask my customers, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR PEPPERCORNS - MILD, SPICY, OR WHAT WAS I THINKING?????????

So, my son deliberately ordered more food than he could eat, so we had food to bring home to puree.  My son and I are a perfect match. because he hates the fat on his meat, and I love the fat on my meat, which means he saved me all the fat - YUM

The recipe below is a single serving, especially for use when you have a leftover piece of ribeye.


SERVING
1 unit ribeye
1 unit starch - potato, rice, or pasta
2 shots of red wine
1 shot of Cognac
small spoon of green peppercorns  (because they are zesty and soft)
1/4 cup of heavy cream

thin with beef stock


STEAK
Remember that if you need too, cut the steak into smaller pieces before you add it to the blender

LIP SIPPERS
For those that are sipping the puree, make sure that the beef stock has been warmed.  This is definitely a dish that need to be served like a warm soup.  My blender has a soup setting, so mine will puree and warm the dish.

GREEN PEPPERCORNS
Green peppercorns are hard to judge for spiciness.  Remember you are blending them, so they will be at maximum spiciness.

BEEF STOCK
This meal is all about tasting the beef.  This favor will stay with you a long time, so is an excellent choice, is you are worried about someone not eating enough - plenty of protien, plenty of fat, plenty of carbs.   OK, we left out the veggies, but we are really going for comfort with this one.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.



Shared Steak au Poivre 



No comments:

Post a Comment