Sunday, January 17, 2016

My Forty-Third - Salmon Salad - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors


My Forty-Third - Salmon Salad

I'm the type of guy who will get a Christmas Song stuck in my head in the middle of July.  Same goes with Salmon Salad recipe.  Why else would I come up with a cold Recipe in the middle of Winter?

Favorite recipe is from the Barefoot Contessa. There is also a Thai Salmon recipe which is nice.

Salmon
Greens


COOKING
The reason I like the Barefoot Contessa's recipe is that it just says to use "cooked salmon".  My wife is a huge fan of cooked salmon, so there is always some extra salmon sitting in the refrigerator.  I typically season the salmon plainly with either home-grown dill or cilantro, so turning it into a salmon salad is a piece of cake. I am also noticing that more supermarkets are now carrying precooked salmon as well.  This is fine with me, because we are going to puree it, so it doesn't matter how dried out the salad might be.

SALAD
Since salmon has a lot of favor, you can go more adventuresome with your choice of greens.  I find iceberg lettuce as too bla.  I usually start at the other end of the spectrum and pair it with kale or spinach.

CROUTONS
Croutons are great for thickening up the puree.

SALAD VEGETABLES
All standard salad vegetables are open for pureeing

This recipe was a request on the Facebook page.


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.


No comments:

Post a Comment