Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Forty-Fifth - Chicken Pot Pie - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors

My Forty-Fifth - Chicken Pot Pie

I had a huge shopping trip this week because it will not be above freezing for the whole week, and there is a foot snow storm at the end of the week.  Totally inspires me to stay indoors and over work the oven.

Mid-January is the right time of year for the pre-made Chicken Pot Pies to show up at the supermarket.  We are halfway between Christmas Feasting and Mardi Gras Feasting.

Trust me, I don't have the ability to create a perfect Chicken Pot Pie.  Sure, I can make a chicken and dumplings like my mom made; and my wife is known for her chicken soup with matzo balls; however, creating that wonderful crust of a chicken pot pie is beyond my joy of cooking

RECIPE 1 individual Chicken Pot Pie cooked to a golden brown


PUREEING
The issue with chicken pot pie is there is a lot of pie crust.  So that which makes it awesome is also that which makes it a very hard to puree.  So I add extra chicken stock as a thinner.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK




I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment