Monday, December 1, 2014

My Twenty-eighth - Baked Ham and Sweet Potatoes -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Twenty-eighth  recipe for the new cookbook - Baked Ham and Sweet Potatoes

1 Unit Baked spiral ham
1-2 units baked sweet potato with/without marshmallow


US Thanksgiving Dinner
Although my siblings gathers in Atlanta to share Thanksgiving Dinner, my family shares Thanksgiving Dinner with our neighbors.  Which is fabulous because many ethnicities are represented.  America the melting pot.  It was a great chance to bring the blender and try different combinations.   Most of the combinations I've tried before, so I was very comfortable with the options - turkey, stuffing, rice, shrimp, pulled pork, pumpkin pie . . .

Friday, is traditionally a night to share Friendsgiving.  This is a gathering at a friends' house to share leftovers.  This is where I discovered the spiral baked ham.

HAM AND SWEET POTATO
Truly a traditional combination.  The saltiness of the ham, blends with the sweetness of the potato casserole. The big question is "How pureed should the meal be?"  The potatoes mash pretty quickly, and it doesn't take long for them to purify.   The ham, however, takes quite a bit more time.

I recommend putting the ham in first and pureeing it with water. to get it down to a texture that is is acceptable.  Then add the sweet potato.


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment