Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My Thirty-second Latkes and beef brisket -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Thirty-second  recipe for the new cookbook - Latkes and beef Brisket

1 unit Latke (mix half potato and half veggie latke)
1/2 unit beef brisket
dash of sour cream
dash of apple sauce


HANUKKAH
Last night was the first night of Hanukkah,  I was working until 7PM; my wife was at Neiman Marcus working until 9PM; daughter was at a Relay for Life Committee meeting until 8PM; and son was at Brandeis University.  This was the first year that the whole family was not together for the first night of Hanukkah.  Thanks to modern technology,  I sent each of them a outlook invite for a conference call at 5PM.  Although my wife couldn't make the call, both of my children were able to make the call.  I brought the menorah to work and the three of us were able to sing together and start the holiday off right.

LATKES
Traditional latkes are made with root vegetables, over time, it has evolved into potatoes and onion.  I can tell you that my latkes are the worst - just not something I have perfected.  Lucky for me, I have a Whole Foods in my town.  Whole Foods now carries three different varieties of latkes - white potato, sweet potato, and root vegetable with zucchini.  This allows me to vary my latke meal over the next 8 nights.  If you don't feel you are getting enough vegetables, definitely go with the veggie latkes.

LATKE AND BEEF BRISKET
You don't need a lot of beef.  This meal is more about apple sauce and sour cream - the beef is just for protein.  To warm the meal up, I heat up a tea kettle and use the piping hot water in the blender.  I have discovered that I have been making my meals a little thicker than usual, because the thicker food is easier to swallow.  Thin meals have a habit of straying up my nose.  Latkes are better in the nose than tomato sauce.

If the meal is too thick, instead of re-blending the meal, I just add extra hot water to the bowl, and stir.


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.


No comments:

Post a Comment