Sunday, December 14, 2014

My Thirty-first - KFC -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Thirty-first  recipe for the new cookbook - KFC

1 unit 2-piece KFC extra crispy thigh meat with biscuit, mash potato w/ gravy, and corn



DECEMBER IMPROMPTU GATHERINGS

December is a popular time to throw impromptu gathering among family and friends.  Although, we have visited Chinese food, and Panera Bread dishes.  I thought I would visit an American favorite of KFC (formally known as Kentucky Fried Chicken).  Many of the side-dish choices at KFC are very puree friendly.  So if you are bringing enough for a large gathering - you are pretty safe to bring something the cancer survivor will enjoy.

NOT IN MY HOUSE

Between the pescetarian and the vegetarian in my house, it was up to me to order a meal for one person.  Originally, I thought of getting the "original recipe", but the thought of trying "crispy" was just too enticing.

Be careful when you peel the meat from the bone.  The chicken is so tender that there is a good chance that the bone will be stuck to the batter.  Double check.  That is particularly true for the small bones on breast meat.


MAKES ABOUT SIXCUPS

If you add the whole meal to the blender, one 2-piece chicken makes about 6 cups of meals (depending on how much water you need to had).  For many of my readers, this might be a couple of days of food. Meal includes chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and one biscuit.

 I'm wondering what a Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen version would be like.



COMMENTS

Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK

I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment