Monday, December 8, 2014

My Twenty-ninth - Biscuits and gravy -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Twenty-ninth  recipe for the new cookbook - Biscuits and Gravy

The nice thing about this recipe ifs that there is plenty of fat and grease.  If you need to add on a lot of weight, or you are loosing weight rapidly this is a great put-the-meat-back-on-the-bone  recipe.

1 Unit biscuit and gravy
extra gravy

or

1 chicken thigh
1 Southern Biscuit
Gravy

optional
roasted cauliflower

NOT EVERYTHING IS SAUSAGE
Oh sure, traditionally you use sausage,  but since you are pureeing,  I will use  chicken thigh, with sausage spices.  The problem with creating all these recipes is that I eat such a small amount, that it is hard to have all the ingredients in the house.  Chicken thighs have become one of my mainstays, because I can buy them one at a time at my local Whole Foods market.  The are just the right size of any of my typical meals.

Usually I cook them plain, and then add spices to the blender.

CAULIFLOWER
I was craving Biscuits and gravy in the worse way.  But that little voice in my head said "YOU NEED VEGGIES".  What veggies would go with BnG without ruining the whole thing.  Most green veggies were thrown right out - except peas.  For some reason peas seemed OK.  I was over at the prepared food case looking for inspiration, when suddenly, I saw "roasted cauliflower and capers". BINGO!  Just the right color, the right roasted flavor.  They worked perfectly.


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment