Monday, March 16, 2015

SPOS - St. Patrick Version

Stomach Peg Original Soup™ SPOS - St. Patrick Version

3 leaves of Cabbage Chopped
2 finely chopped carrots
1 turnips finely chopped
1 Onion finely chopped
1 teaspoons of turmeric
1 DASH of Bell’s Seasoning
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 little bit of corned beef for smokey taste

Option:
1 potato

I'm not making a huge pot that need to last a couple of weeks, just enough for a couple of days.  And although turmeric is not a traditional Irish spice, it's still important to add cancer fighting spices.  I use a strong ginger beer to cleanse my G-tube, so it also helps activate the anti-cancer agents in the tumeric.

I am still using IsoSource for three main my meals, so this dish is for my three of four snacks between the main meals.

This year I added a little extra starch in the form of sweet potato, instead of traditional white potatoes.

This is the first time that instead of using a blending wand and screening the soup, I poured the cooked mash into a Vitamix and pureed it on the optional HOT SOUP setting.  Worked out like a charm.  I did have to let it settle, and skim off the foam that collected on the top.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.  We are a small global community, let me know how I can help you out.  I'm sure that whatever your issue is, there is another person who can benefit for hearing how you are solving your problems.  You are not alone, are are among other leaders.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address. 



You may also enjoy an additional blog article - Stomach Peg Original Soup(tm) SPOS I’m not a Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment