Friday, March 27, 2015

SPOS - Fruit Cocktail

Stomach Peg Original Soup™ SPOS - Fruit Cocktail

A lot of time, I am preaching the goodness of veggies. Supermarkets have made it so much easier to work with fruit, in the form of a fruit cocktail.  Many now carry pre-sliced fruits, and particularly blends of pre-sliced fruits - watermelon, pears, apples, cantaloupes, honeydew, pineapple, etc.

FRUIT COCKTAIL IS A SMOOTHIE WITHOUT ALL THE WHITE STUFF
Pureeing these in my Vitamix makes a great smell in the kitchen.  It also slides down the G-Tube a lot easier than a smoothie because it doesn't have the foam and heavy texture of the yogurt/cream.  Also if I make the base of fruit-only, then each of the yogurt snobs can add just THEIR FAVORITE yogurt to turn it into THEIR smoothie.

To spriten things up I'll add ginger, lemon, orange, papaya, grapefruit.

Most of my batches are less than 12 oz, so finding pre-cut pre-mixed fruit cups is helpful. Slicing a half dozen fresh fruit leaves a lot of leftovers. Buying small pre cut allows my family the ability to finish off the rest of the fruit and mix it in with their yogurt.  We then change the flavor combinations week to week.

FRUITS THAT DON'T LAST
Not that they go bad,  it's that they are the favorites in the house - fresh organic blackberries, fresh organic raspberries, fresh organic blueberries.  Everyone in the house knows how spotty the growing season is for these three fruits.


Yes I have been know to add a little bottom of a muffin to my puree . . .


FROM THE TAP TO THE TABLE
I found this site in my travels and it has some wonderful combinations that you might not have thought of.


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.  We are a small global community, let me know how I can help you out.  I'm sure that whatever your issue is, there is another person who can benefit for hearing how you are solving your problems.  You are not alone, are are among other leaders.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address. 



You may also enjoy an additional blog article - Stomach Peg Original Soup(tm) SPOS I’m not a Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment