Sunday, January 22, 2017

My Ninety-Fourth - Chicken Tenders -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Ninety-Fourth - Chicken Tenders -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients


Never eat alone.  That was always something I preached at work.  Meal time is really important for bonding humans together as family.  Meal time for survivors of Cancer Treatment, can be a lonely, lonely time.  Etched in my children's mind is "Dad sitting in a chair with a blanket wrapped around him, a mug of puree in his hand, watching 'American Chopper'".  Sitting at the dining-room table was not a fun place, and I should have spent more time there.

I now sit at the dining-room table whenever my daughter comes home after dark, and I have prepared a warm meal.  It may not coincide with my eating schedule, but it is important for me to be there.

Eating the same food as your children is important bonding too.  Nearly every society has some form of Chicken Tenders.  The more research I do into chicken tenders, the more I realize they are just meat-pancakes.


Pancakes are really boring eaten plain.  Chicken tenders are really boring eaten plain.  For pancakes we add butter, syrup, and fruit.  For chicken tenders we add dipping sauce.  Tenders are just a way of eating dipping sauce without letting others be judgmental.


The best thing about chicken tenders, is nearly every restaurant serves a version.  And you can always bring them home and use them for other meals.  I find that to-go chicken fingers are great to any vegetarian dish I have made for my daughter. Always thinkin'

RECIPE

one tablespoon of dipping sauce per cooked chicken tender
Warm water to thin

BATTER/BREADING

OK, I made the assumption that we are not sauteing the chicken tenders.  We are either baking or deep frying them.  This is important because the starch coasting is important to thicken the puree 


DIPPING SAUCE
Most dipping sauces in America are vinegar-based.  This can be painful to sip if your mouth has sores. Whether you hand make them or pour them from a bottle, the most popular ones are:
Honey-Mustard
BBQ
Ketchup
Ranch
Sweet and Sour
Spicy Peanut
Salsa
Nacho cheese
Guacamole
Marinara


VEGETABLE
Yea, I tried to make this a complete meal, and I just couldn't match up a lot of vegetables that would go with it except tomatoes or avocados . . . I'm not worried though, because this is more about time shared with others.


Even then Melting Pot Restaurant has a version of Chicken tenders
although you have to cook them yourself . . 

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.



FACEBOOK



I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment