Monday, December 19, 2016

My Eighty-sixth - Pho -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Eighty-sixth - Pho -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

I still remember the first time I had Pho.  My children were young and my wife and I had stopped with them at a Mall in Newton.  The restaurant attached to the mall was Vietnamese and had a good reputation, so we wanted to try it. Each of ordered something different, vegetarian, chicken, and beef.  And we spent the next hour raving about it.

Now, I understand that pureeing Pho will suck a lot of the life out of it, because tasting each flavor on its own, is part of the enjoyment.  But even when it is cool enough to eat large gulps, to is fantastic

Pho is great because it has noodles, fresh veggies, small amounts of meat,  and broth that is fabulous.  Luckily, Vietnamese restaurants are stretching across America. All the pieces are cut small so there is less stress on the blender.

I have mentioned a lot of European-centric soups, because they have a lot of cream and starch that is important for cancer treatment patients, who are trying to pack as many calories into every spoonful. Pho is a nice way to cut through the boredom that is cream and cream smoothies. It provides a lot of fresh vegetables - which are often lacking in other meals.

The other reason I really like Pho, is that it is served piping hot, which means that is has to be eaten slowly.  This means there is plenty of time for diners to spend time communicating with each other.

RECIPE:
Pour Pho into blender
Puree
Add extra cold water, if the Pho is too hot


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.




FACEBOOK





I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment