Sunday, July 31, 2016

My Sixty-fifth - Surf and Turf - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors

My Sixty-fifth,  Surf and Turf


1 unit lobster tail
1/2 baked potato
1/4 pound Filet of beef
butter
cream
Lobster boiling broth
Option Vegetable


It was a tradition when I was young, that you could go out for dinner on your birthday and order Surf and Turf.  Lucky for me this meant Lobster instead of Shrimp.  The advantage of growing up in New England instead on New Orleans.  The birthday boy would have Lobster, while the other siblings would have sirloin, like a NY sirloin.  My birthday is in July so chicken Lobsters were plentiful

All this summer, I have been craving Lobster, although not one in my ladies eats Lobster, and I'm even so desperate, that McDonald's Lobster Roll is looking great at $9. WAIT WAIT WAIT they are going to Maine without me in August.   PSYYYYCHED.

LOBSTER
You don't need the whole lobster, and many stores now offer lobster tails both cooked and uncooked.

BAKED POTATO
It's a must.  As a boy I liked a fully stuffed potato, which included bacon bits, chives, butter, and sour cream.

CREAM AND BUTTER
Garlic butter is a  MUST!  Especially, if your nutritionist is looking for you to put on weight.

BOILING BROTH
Why use plain water, when you can add hot broth.  The broth will also help melt the butter.

BEEF
Make sure you include some fat, but look out for grizzle.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment