Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SPOS - when to eat it with Nutritionist regulated protein formula

Stomach Peg Original Soup™ SPOS Updated February 24th, 2015


Since I have 6 cartons of IsoSource to consume a day I pour them down my tube at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - or in my case 9:00 AM; 3:00PM and 9:00PM.

Every three hours, between those meals I pour 120 cc of SPOS per "SNACK"  the major reason is pain meds that might upset my stomach.  

STOMACH PEG ORIGINAL SOUP™ RECIPE with IsoSource

7 leaves of Kale Chopped
7 finely chopped carrots
2 turnips finely chopped
1 Onion finely chopped
2 celery stalks finely chopped
1-2 teaspoons of turmeric
1 DASH of Bell’s Seasoning
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Mystery vegetable

From the large pot of pureed veggies I take a long handled mesh strainer over a 2 cup measuring cup to screen out the last of the large pieces that would not fit down the G-tube.  I find tapping the center of the strainer helps drains the strainer better.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment