Monday, February 16, 2015

Moving from 100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients to Stomach Peg Original Soup ™

WOW the world is an amazing place.

After two different bouts with oral cancer,  the side-effects of radiation treatment finally caught up with me.    Between my trismus and inability to swallow, I lost about 20 pounds in 3 weeks (finally bottoming out at 137 pounds).  The professionals at Dana Farber agreed with me that I should surgically re-install a G-tube.  

I am going back to blogging about SPOS (Stomach Peg Original Soup).  I learned a lot about what constitutes a quality meal for people on a liquefied/pureed diet while writing "100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients" and plan to take that expertise back to blogging about food for the G-tube.

You would think that flavor doesn't matter if you are just pouring it directly into the stomach.  Clearly you have never burped.  I should be released from Brigham and Women's Hospital this week, and will start writing recipes soon after that.  My original blog post on SPOS date back to 2011.


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

I have an additional FACEBOOK PAGE that is all about people sharing positive energy by doing good deeds that might be as simple as saying "GOOD MORNING" - TeamGoodMorning

No comments:

Post a Comment