Friday, June 10, 2016

My Fifty-seventh - Beef Stroganoff -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Fifty-seventh recipe for the new cookbook - Beef Stroganoff

One scoop of Beef Stroganoff

1/2 scoop of noodles
thin with vegetable broth

BASIC INGREDIENTS

beef sirloin steak
ounces fresh mushrooms
medium onion
garlic clove
butter or margarine
beef broth
salt
Worcestershire sauce
all-purpose flour
sour cream
hot cooked egg noodles

When you have seven brothers and sisters, finding a dish that all of us like was difficult for my mom.  On a cold day, there was nothing like Beef Stroganoff to stick to your ribs.  Beef Stroganoff always reminds me of rainy day that have a hint of hail in them.  There must have been one day that I sat by the dining-room window and heard the hail tapping on the window while I enjoyed my dinner.


I hyperlinked the Betty Crocker version, because I sure this is similar to the type my mom used to make in the 70's.


Beef Stroganoff fills the house with a wonderful smell, which is why I forgot about it for so long. My wife has asked that I don't cook beef in the house, so now that it is grilling season, I have the beef cooking in the Weber on the back porch


The important thing for us to know is that Beef Stroganoff has all the important characteristics for a Great Puree - Protein, starch, onions, mushrooms, cream and more cream, and butter, don't forget butter.  Especially if we need to add weight, add more butter,  When you are done pureeing you end up with a mushroom soup with beef, so it is familiar to the taste-buds both as a flavor and a texture.


EASY ON THE STOMACH

I had a reader talk to me about needing something easy on the stomach because some of the meals are a little hard on the stomach.  This is like a warm beef smoothie so it fits the bill

However, if you are at a gathering at a friends house, life is easier.  I recommend having small courses over several hours - egg salad, potato salad, pork and beans, cake and ice cream, more cake and ice cream.  pain reliever and ice cream.  As you can see, most of us are worried about putting on weight so potato salad and ice cream are paramount, but don't blend them together.


BUT WHERE ARE THE VEGGIE

Um . . . there aren't any.  It's beef Stroganoff.  Not everything meatless

COMMENTS

Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK

I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment