Thursday, March 31, 2016

My Fifty-third - Organic Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors


WOW, who doesn't love chicken noodle soup, well I take that back - I have vegetarians in the house.  But I remember it going up,  snowy days, rainy days, early summer swimming get yourself to cold days - Nothing like a hot soup on a rainy day.  These new soups come in a tetra box instead of a can, (which my wife really likes - she worry about BPA)  I like that they are available on Amazon.com.


TETRA BOX
I buy a number of foods in tetra boxes because they are easier to store in the refrigerator, than say 1/2 a tin can.  It is also easier to use a knife of scissors to put it than working a can opener.
Finally, the rectangular design makes it easier to store in the pantry

I never would have believed that Campbell's would jump on the organic bandwagon, but they have so many soups that I wished were in tetra boxes.  My daughter is very picky about the tomato soup flavors.  I'm sure that Campbell's has a tomato soup version. They currently have a tomato and basil version . . . we'll see.

PUREE
So, everything in the box is soft so it will puree well.  You will have to add additional water or it will come out to thick.   Add hot water if you want it to be warmer

INSTEAD OF BROTH
I have been using it instead of chicken broth.  Just today I made a butternut squash soup in the blender by adding roast squash from last night's dinner.

My wife likes that it is in a tetra box and not a can

COMMENTS

Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.





No comments:

Post a Comment