Friday, April 8, 2016

My Fifty-fourth - Falafel -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Fifty-fourth  recipe for the new cookbook - Falafel

1 to-go container makes a full blender of meals

A NIGHT IN CAMBRIDGE MA
You figure that I would be able to make falafel.  My issue is that my wife won't let me have a deep fryer, and making it in a skillet just isn't right.  So I turn to the experts.

After my daughters dance performance in Central Square Cambridge, it was suggested that we stop in at Moody's Falafel Palace.  They make some of the best falafel dishes in the area.  More importantly they are open until 3AM on the weekends, but I digress.  There were about 9 of us and many had never had falafel before so they were in for a treat.  What they didn't know is that there are no tables nor chairs.  So we had to bring it back to the house.  WELCOME TO MY WORLD!! I wouldn't have been able to eat it there anyway.

The best part about having them make it instead of making it myself, is that it because a REAL TREAT.  Some times you just want to order out just like everyone else.  I'm just glad this group isn't the pizza and beer crowd and enjoy non-traditional american food.

MOODY'S FALAFEL DINNER
The dinner  includes falafel, hoummos, and Syrian salad.  The dressing for the syrian salad is on the side which is great because it gives you the ability to blend in to the right taste. It gives you a balanced meal.

MAKING IT AT HOME
If you just want falafel by itself, about 3 fritters makes 2 cups of food.  Favorite side dishes to blend in are hummus, tabouli, and baba ghanouj

BAKLAWA
Baklawa OK so I bought some under the guise that I would share.  But who was I kidding.  Yes it purees up nicely, although it might take a llittle longer because of the nuts


COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment