Saturday, March 26, 2016

My Fifty-second - Chicken Fajitas or fish burrito - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors

My Fifty-second -  Chicken Fajitas or fish burrito

Relay for Life had a fund raiser at our local Margarita's restaurant last Wednesday night.  Now normally going to a restaurant is a problem, because you can only have a pureed soup.  But this was an important fundraiser.  Typically, I politely sit with everyone, and don't eat anything - I'm just there for the company.  This time my wife was working late, so I decided to pick her up some food to go.

She is a pescetarian, so I had two choices - Vegetarian burrito or fish burrito.  Both puree very well, because a soft taco works well pureed.

When the meals came out, they were a lot larger than the high school girl expected, so I was offered some chicken fajitas to put in my to-go bag.

CHICKEN FAJITAS
Chicken, soft cooked peppers, and soft tacos.  A winning combination for the blender.  Since I've had a lot of luck pureeing steak and pork, you can option those two as well.  I usually add black beans or Spanish rice to thicken up the puree.   Yes, you can blend in a virgin margarita.

FISH BURRITO
WHO KNEW!!!  I use to like fish tacos, but the hard taco shell is tough to blend unless to soak the taco shells, but still you might have to worry about hard chucks in a G-tube.  If you are sipping it, much less of a problem.  This recipe is a lot like a Spanish version of fish chowder.  Because the black beans and rice are already rolled in the burrito, you have a great complete meal.  When I brought the two burritos home, my wife opted for the vegetarian burrito and devoured the whole thing, so I had the fish burrito the next day.

The biggest issue with a burrito, is that you have to add a lot of water, so you are making an entire pitcher of pureed burrito, so plan to have about three to four meals out of it.

VEGETARIAN BURRITO
Great option because it allows you to add your own meat as needed.  Gives you a little more variety to your pitcher of burrito.



COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.


No comments:

Post a Comment