Monday, December 7, 2015

My Thirty-Ninth - Potato Latkes - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors

My Thirty-Ninth Potato Latkes


1 unit potato latke
1 dash of apple sauce for sweetness
1 dash of sour cream
hot water for right consistency

Last night, we had the family gather for Hanukkah, but we didn't serve a full dinner.  Sometimes just getting the family together is more important than having a full flung meal.  For dessert you can puree rugelach and milk.  It's the holidays, do something fun.


POTATO LATKE
Although, I was prepared to make potato latkes, my children are now older and the allure of grating potatoes and onions is lost.  Instead, the Ladies picked them up at Whole Foods - which I will admit are pretty tasty.  This year, I realized that pureed latkes are really potato soup.  Why mess up a good thing.  I actually like potato soup, which is why I'm posting a second meal with latkes.

In the cold of winter, when there is snow coming down, a cup of hot soup is just the right thing.  When you have lost a little taste in your mouth, potato soup is a nice alternative.

APPLESAUCE AND SOUR CREAM
These are really to taste.  The great thing is that they both can be added after the pureeing process and mixed in.  I like a lot of sour cream, so don't be shy.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment