Thursday, December 24, 2015

My Forty-first - Lobster Feast - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors

My Forty-first  -  Lobster Feast


1 unit lobster tail
1 red boiled potato
1/2 shucked boiled corn
butter
cream
boiling broth

optional
3 steamed clams


Here it is Christmas Eve and I'm thinking about Christmas in France where I understand that lobster is traditionally served for Christmas.  I thought with today being the warmest Christmas Eve on record in parts of New England, what better than to make today's recipe a Lobster Feast.  70 degrees in Boston, and I would have gone to the beach for a lobster feast too.

When you think about it there are three recipes that you can combine to make a tasty meal - Lobster Bisque, corn chowder, and Potato Leeks soup.  If you read up on these three soups, you can see some commonality

LOBSTER
A good New England lobster is perfect, especially right off the docks.  Although, I said only the tail up above, if you are not warn out, you can use claws and legs.

RED BOILED POTATO
If you are not from New England you might not have heard of red potatoes, but any hipster supermarket should carry them.  Around here they are every where and more people use them than the standard russet potato.  You can use purple potatoes but the color of the meal takes a sinister color change.

CORN
Corn is always a staple of a lobster feast, so take your boiled corn cob break it in half and then cut all the kernels off.  Remember that when you puree that the kernels need to be pureed a little longer than normal.

CREAM AND BUTTER
A MUST!  Especially if your doctor is looking for you to put on weight.  I would love some French Butter and cream, seconded only by Irish cream and butter.

BOILING BROTH
You only need this to thin out the puree as needed

CLAMS
Steamed clams are an acquired taste so I left them as optional.  I also want to taste the lobster more so I recommend making two different batches - one with just clams and one with just lobster.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment