Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pie ala Mode - -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

Just for fun - Pie ala Mode -  -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

This recipe is dedicated those people who make all the wonderful desserts for the Holidays.

OK, so it's not a meal.  OK, so it is not really that healthy.  OK, so there is a lot of sugar.  OK,  so it may not be served hot . . .

HOWEVER, it is just so darn good.  My daughter and I are going out to pick our Halloween Pumpkin tomorrow, and she asked if we could pick up a pumpkin pie to eat.  I thought how am I going to eat a pumpkin pie?  ALA MODE!  Wow that was easy.

I had set desserts aside as an option for puree because of the disaster I had this summer trying to make chocolate chip cookies puree, and brownies puree.  Basically, I was trying to reinvent the wheel, there are enough dessert smoothie options out there.

Turns out that the single crust pies like pumpkin, custard, key lime, or even lemon meringue  puree really easily.  I'm not daring enough to try pecan pie yet, but I know once I get together with my family for the holidays there will be a pie puree party going on.

RECIPE
1 unit pie
1 unit ice cream

thin with rice milk and cow milk

APPLE PIE
It's apple picking season in New England, and I have won a pie making competition before, but I though my pie making days were over.  Nice that I can pull out the old pie tin and serve up some more delicious pies.

PECAN PIE
Turns out that pureed pecan pie taste like caramel nut rolls like the ones I grew up eating.  The nearest thing nowadays are the Pecan rolls at Panera Bread

BLUEBERRY, PEACH OR CHERRY PIE
Double crust pies, like blueberry, cherry, or peach need a little more ice cream and rice milk to help thin it out.


Nothing like local made Pies

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment