Saturday, July 30, 2016

My Sixty-fourth - Spaghetti and meatballs -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

My Sixty-fourth - Spaghetti and meatballs -100 Meals You Never Thought You Would Eat Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer patients

Last night I was watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, about a restaurant that makes meatballs bigger than a baseball, when I realized that I have not added meatballs in my blog, even though I have been eating them for years.

Growing up "Spag and Meatballs" was a great way to feed an army of eight kids.

For puree, meatballs are great because they already have bread crumbs.

1 unit meatballs
2 units sauce
2 units water
1 unit vegetable
use spaghetti as a thickener



POTLUCK
Pasta is pretty common at potluck meals,  often times the spaghetti are tube-type pastas instead.  No worries.

Spaghetti must have been on my mind, because my sisters make great lasagna, and I bought my tickets to visit them over Christmas

HIDING THE VEGGIES
All the classic Italian vegetables can be pureed - peppers, zucchini, broccoli, etc.  The tomato sauce will hides a multitude of veggies

GARLIC BREAD AND OTHER YUMMIES
Adding a chunk of buttery garlic bread, adds a nice pop to the flavor.

CHEESE
Cheese is always the difficult thing to add to tummy tubes, but not an issue to cup sippers.  I find Parmesan works really easily either way.


Local Steve's Pizza

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.

No comments:

Post a Comment