Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Thirty-Sixth - Pot Roast - 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors

My Thirty-Sixth recipe for the new cookbook - Pot Roast

What was I thinking?  One of the classic meals in America is Pot Roast with roasted carrots and potatoes.  My mom use to make a great pot roast, and the chilly weather outside makes me want it even more.  Pot Roast is also a family gathering food, so there is a good chance it will be served when there are a lot of people in the house.  You will be the envy of your friends and family as you add the extra gravy to the Vitamix blender.

The best part is that the meat, vegetables, and starch are cooked all the way through, which softens it up for the G-tube.

They say that bananas are the number 1 fruit bought at supermarkets as a spur of the moment item.  My number 1 item is Organic Carrots.  I seem to put carrots in everything, including my daughter's school lunch bag.  Carrots give a nice color to purees whether you are drinking it on pouring it down a G-tube.  Pot roast without the carrots looks more like a grey ooze which I have yet to see on Food Network as a popular option.

1 Unit Pot Roast
1-2 units Carrots and Potatoes
extra grease and gravy

OPTION
brown mustard


BROWN MUSTARD
If your Pot Roast gets boring after a couple of days, add a little brown mustard.  The brown mustard is very aromatic dash to the puree.

EXTRA GRAVY
For most people, extra gravy is a bad health option; however, most chemo/radiation patients are told to put on weight.  There are a lot of calories in this bad boy.   OK, your nutritionist is going to tell you there are better sources for nutrition.  I maintain that the only good nutrition is one that actually gets into your body, and there is a good probability that Pot Roast juices have a better chance of making into your belly, than coconut oil.  Save the coconut oil for the dessert smoothie.

COMMENTS
Please add your comments and suggestions to my blog.  Nice to see people from around the globe reading my blog.  Please follow you want the latest recipes.

FACEBOOK
I have created a companion page on Facebook called: 100 Meals Pureed - Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors.  Sometimes it is easier to share a FB page than send a blog address.


No comments:

Post a Comment